1. Doug Pagitt/Erik Johnson Live event (free!) Tuesday, 7/21 @ Wicker Park Grace
2. Mike & Julie Clawson dinner/pub conversation at the Village Tavern in Carol Stream, Wednesday, 8/12
3. up/rooted.city, the Emergent Cohort in Chicago, conversation/gathering Tuesday, 8/18 @ Wicker Park Grace
The Chicago Emergent Cohort, up/rooted, has been fairly quiet the last 8 months. I received an e-mail update letting me know they're still alive and kicking, and with the following event invitations. To be added to the up/rooted e-mail list, send a note to Rebecca at email@example.com. The up/rooted website can be found at http://www.up-rooted.blogspot.com/
From the e-mail:
1. This upcoming Tuesday, July 21 at 7:00, Wicker Park Grace (1741 N. Western, Chicago IL) will be hosting Doug Pagitt for his "A Christianity Worth Believing" Live event. This is a totally free event although books will be available for purchase. More info can be found here: http://dougpagitt.com/live
"Doug Pagitt and Erik Johnson are spreading the Hope-filled, Open-armed, Alive and Well faith in homes, churches, bars, coffee shops and public meeting spaces around the country.
Live Occurrences are part one-man show (but there are two of us), part revival, part book reading, part hootenanny, and part communal gathering.
The 2-hour Live Occurrences include readings from the book, music - original and covers, video, spoken-word poetry, impassioned invitations to be part of the common good.
Live Occurrences are specially formulated for the Left-out, Left-behind and Let-down, and will be suitable for one and all regardless of background."
2. On Wednesday, August 12 at 6:30, we will be gathering at the Village Tavern in Carol Stream www.villagetavernandgrill.com
(291 S. Schmale). Mike and Julie Clawson are in town and we'd love to gather around them and hear about their adventures in Austin, as well as to share our stories with each other to build community.
3. When will up-rooted.city meet again to share their stories, you ask? At first I wasn't sure. I'm getting married during Labor Day weekend and so I'm loathe to plan something before then since I have no idea if a shinysatin bow explosion might need my immediate attention. But you all are irresistible!
So, let's gather on Tuesday, August 18 at 7:00 at Wicker Park Grace (1741 N. Western, Chicago IL). We won't have a topic for the evening; we'll simply get to know each other again and to welcome and be welcomed by anyone who is new to the group. If you have questions about emergent Christianity, bring them. We'll practice a little group think to get them answered or, at least, explored.